The beginning of Fashion Farm was in 1959 when Charles and June Williams and family purchased 200 acres known as the “Green Farm.” The farm had been in the Green family for 100 years. The history of this farm dates back to September 20, 1828. In the “Treaty of the Potawatomi at the mouth of St. Joseph,” the U.S. Government signed a land grant to Pierre LeClere and his Indian wife.
The name Fashion Farm originated from “W.B. Fashion,” a Red Poll cow that was the granddaughter of the original 4-H calf purchased by Charles in 1931. Ole Fashion’s picture can be seen in both the lawn and garden center and the restaurant, painted on corn crib doors.
In the spring of 1960, their first year on the newly acquired farm, four acres of garden were planted. They pulled ½ of a farrowing house on skids near the road and open up the farm market business on June 22, 1960. In 1969, the growing market business was moved into the barn.
In 1974, the April 3rd tornado destroyed all but three buildings. A new age started with the rebuilding of the Farm Market and This Ole House. The Restaurant, which opened in March, 1975, and Fantasyland Area became a new look at Fashion Farm. A greenhouse was added later.
The corporate business was formed in 1975 and continues today with Russell and Patricia (Williams) Becker and Jason and Vicki Becker as corporate officers.
Fashion Farm is composed of 200 acres, with 7 acres zoned business and 18 acres in a residential addition known as Fashion Manor. The remaining acreage is farm ground with crops of corn, beans, wheat, pumpkins, gourds, etc. When at Fashion Farm you are truly “Out on the Farm.”